Summer can wreak havoc on our skin, but some new products are here to combat the damage.
Colorado summers are some of the best in the world. Sunshine is abundant, and a seemingly endless variety of outdoor activities present themselves on a daily basis. Whether you are an adventurer who is passionate about hiking, boating, or climbing, or a homebody involved in gardening and walking the dog (and aren’t we all something of a combination of the two?), the sun beats down, doing its best to redden and age our faces. So maybe you stay in. Then, at your home or office, you are often assailed with cool and refreshing—but so very drying—air-conditioned air. What’s a person to do? There are a number of new products on the market that can make a difference.
• OZ Naturals’ Vitamin C Facial Serum addresses dryness and protects skin from the multitude of environmental stressors we encounter indoors and out. The vitamin C formulation is moisturizing and firming, and it encourages your skin’s own natural healing processes. $18, OZNaturals.com
• Lumene’s Nordic-C [Valo] Glow Refresh Hydrating Mist invigorates and hydrates your complexion with an energizing ultra-fine mist. It’s infused with wild Arctic cloudberry extract and stabilized, bio-available vitamin C, which penetrates in seconds. At 3.4 ounces, it can go in your carry-on and make a world of difference when you fly. $15, lumene.com
• FACE Atelier’s Face Finish is the ideal final touch before you head out the door. This high-performing setting spray—which smells faintly of freshly cut cucumbers—will preserve your makeup all day long. As a bonus, you can spritz it on before your foundation to reduce redness and puffiness. 4-oz. $30, 1-oz. $12, faceatelier.com
• ella+mila’s lip scrubs are eco-friendly and great for your lips. Sure, we slather them with sunscreen-laden balm, but then what? These new scrubs exfoliate, soften, and moisturize with shea butter and vitamin E, and they come in four yummy varieties: peach smoothie, rosy kisses, mojito mint, and french vanilla. $14, ellamila.com
• OZ Naturals’ Super Youth Retinol Moisturizer takes the natural, organic, and vegan approach to skin care a step further with its cold-processing method of manufacture. Rather than using heat or petrochemicals to preserve the natural ingredients, working it at room temp keeps the ingredients potent and fresh with no harmful preservatives. $20, OZNaturals.comControl Corrective Skincare’s C Defense Serum was borne out of the science of free radicals, those pesky atoms that scavenge your body’s molecules doing damage to, among others, your skin cells. Antioxidants are your defense. This new serum features something called Poly-Pore Technology, a time-release delivery system that keeps you hydrated all day. $10, controlcorrective.com
• Luvanti’s O2 Revitalizing Age-Defense Cream is a highly technical combination of hydrolyzed RNA/DNA, CoQ10, hyaluronic acid, and naturally sourced antioxidants from green tea and blueberries. Also including sodium ascorbyl phosphate—a relatively new and naturally occurring derivative of vitamin C and a powerful antioxidant—this luxe cream encourages elasticity and stimulates cell renewal. $125, luvanti.comLumene’s Nordic-C [Valo] Overnight Bright Sleeping Cream can bring back some of your natural radiance while you sleep. This soothing cream is a powerful blend of extract and oil from wild Arctic cloudberry seeds (chock full of vitamins A, B3, C, and E), pure Arctic spring water, and hyaluronic acid to brighten the healthy appearance of your skin. $20, lumene.com
• Taïla’s Vayu Illuminating Toning Mist is light and refreshing, a nourishing mist that balances and soothes your skin. Delicious ingredients such as aloe and cucumber boost the performance of your other products from moisturizer to makeup. It will energize your complexion; perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up. $55, tailaskincare.com